You may take your final exams (and midterm exams offered after March 1) on a laptop this semester if you follow these instructions:
1. Register by Monday, February 1, 11:59 p.m. by completing the Electronic Examination Form, available online at http://tlcweb.tourolaw.edu. (Choose “Electronic Exam” and then “Apply Online.”) Requests received after this date will not be honored. When you have successfully registered, an automatic email will be sent to your TLC email address stating that your registration was successful. If you do not receive this email, please contact the Office of Information Technology at 631.761.7070 before the deadline. If you have difficulty registering, please contact the Office of Information Technology BEFORE the deadline.
2. Following are additional deadlines you must meet to be eligible to take your exams on a laptop. If you fail to meet any one of these deadlines, you will not be able to take your exams on a laptop.
• Sunday, February 14, 2010, 11:59 p.m.: Students must install the exam software by this date. (If you took your exams on computer in the Fall 2009 semester, you do not need to reinstall the software. If you did not take exams on a laptop in the Fall 2009 semester, you MUST install the software.)
• Sunday, February 14, 2010, 11:59 p.m.: ALL students must download mock exam and upload mock answer.
• 24 Hours Before Each Exam Date: All students must download their individual exam files.
Which laptops are eligible?
Students with PC laptops or Mac laptops are eligible to participate in this program. (Note: Mac laptops must have both the Leopard OSX and Microsoft XP or Vista installed.) Touro Law does not provide laptops to students.
What if I receive exam accommodations?
If you are submitting an Exam Accommodations Form (due March 1) to have an exam time/date changed for an exam conflict or disability accommodation, the instructions above still apply if you plan to use a computer. The Office of Student Services will send you an updated Exam Accommodations Form with your new designated exam date/times.