The Essex County Bar Association and its Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, in conjunction with the Hon. Vincent J. Biunno Memorial Fund, is pleased to announce the continuation of the Biunno Scholarship Program for the 2016-2017 school year. The scholarships are designed to offer financial assistance to persons with disabilities who are currently attending law school. For purposes of this scholarship, a disability is limited to a permanent physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of the individual having such an impairment.
1. Recipient must demonstrate a present and permanent physical or mental disability that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of the individual. Medical documentation establishing the nature and extent of the disability will be required.
2. Recipient must be a resident of New Jersey. There will be a preference given to Essex County residents.
3. Recipient must have attained a 3.0 or equivalent GPA in law school, or if they are an incoming student, a 3.0 undergraduate student.
4. A preference will be given to a person seeking to pursue a career in the field of advocacy for persons with disabilities.
5. A preference will be given to students who can demonstrate financial needs.
Completed applications must be submitted with all requested documentation no later than May 9, 2016.
For further information or copies of the application email email@example.com.