The Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship Program is offered by the US SIF Foundation in collaboration with its Diversity and Inclusion Initiative. Up to ten undergraduate or graduate students who are committed to or interested in a career in sustainable, responsible and impact investment can receive scholarships to cover the registration costs for the US SIF Annual Conference, Investing for the Next Generation, including Member Day.
The main objectives of the Scholarship Program are:
1. To encourage students to enter the field of sustainable, responsible and impact investment upon graduation; and
2. To provide an opportunity for students to learn directly from leaders and experts in the field of SRI, enhance their knowledge, network, and make professional contacts with US SIF member firms and organizations as well as other institutions attending our conference.
Scholarship recipients receive: A scholarship for registration for US SIF’s Annual Conference in Washington, DC – May 2016 and a scholarship to attend US SIF Foundation’s in-person course, Fundamentals of Sustainable and responsible Investment, which will take place during the conference.
Who Should Participate: The Peter DeSimone Conference Scholarship is designed for undergraduate and graduate students that are:
1. enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program at the time of application;
2. In good academic standing
3. Committed to a career in SRI (Background in sustainability, finance & investments or economics preferred); and
4. Able to attend the entire conference from Monday, May 23 to Wednesday, May 25.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application by Friday, February 26. Applicants will be informed of the results by March 18. If you have any questions, contact Megan Smith, Manager of Communications and Events at US SIF at email@example.com.
The Application and additional information can be found at www.ussif.org.